Free Slots with Stacked Wilds: More Chances to Win
Modern 5-reel slots offer enhanced functionality thanks to the presence of special symbols – Scatter & Wild. As you know, Scatter form combinations that launch the slot machine bonus round – a thematic game, free spins. Wild is an equally useful symbol, since it can replace itself any other symbol (except for Scatter). This feature of Wild increases the chances of forming winning sequences on the reels.
As for the free slot games with stacked wilds, such slots allow you to form chains of Wild symbols on one or more reels. This feature resembles an expanding Wild, but not quite that.
Stacked Wild Slot Games – Features & Pluses
Stacked wilds appear on the screen randomly – this does not depend on the player’s actions. Some slots lay this function in the main game. However, stacked wilds are more common in bonus rounds.
Here is what you should know about these symbols:
- Stacked wilds look just like regular wild symbols. Their feature is that they are able to form vertical stripes.
- You can see three or more stacked wilds on one reel per spin. The maximum number of Wilds is limited by the number of horizontal lines on the playing field.
- Some slots reserve specific reels for stacked wilds. This means that such symbols will appear on 2, 3, 4 or 1, 3, 5 reels only.
- This feature is programmed to run infrequently, so you have to be patient to wait for it to start.
By choosing free slots with stacked wilds, you get the following benefits:
- This function availability indicates that the slot is characterized by high volatility – winnings are rare but large amounts.
- Due to their ability to replace other symbols and appear in stripes, stacked wilds help to form winning combinations on several paylines at once.
- The usual payment rules apply to winning combinations in which stacked wilds are involved. Some slots apply extra multipliers to the total winnings.
- Your chances of winning the jackpot are greatly increased.
Keep in mind that combinations are winning if the first symbol lands on the leftmost reel. Therefore, it makes sense to choose the slots in which stacked wilds appear on 2, 3, 4 reels instead of 1, 3 and 5 reels. The appearance of such vertical symbol bars on the fifth reel may disappoint you, since the probability of making combinations of five symbols is much lower than that of three or four.
Other Types of Wilds
Along with stacked wilds, some slots contain other types of special symbols:
- Expanding wild – one symbol occupies the entire reel.
- Random Wild – can land anywhere on any reel.
- Sticky Wild – is fixed on the reel and does not disappear for several spins.
- Extra Wild – an additional symbol that can replace the most valuable ones.
When looking for free slots with stacked wilds, read the description for each machine. This and many other types of Wild are designed to increase your chances of filling your wallet with one hundred-dollar bills.